Terms and Conditions
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other RoadTripJourney users.
- You may not use the RoadTripJourney.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the RoadTripJourney.com service.
- You must not, in the use of RoadTripJourney, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your RoadTripJourney.com account. While RoadTripJourney.com prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that RoadTripJourney cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the RoadTripJourney.com service at your own risk.
RoadTripJourney does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the RoadTripJourney Services.
By uploading (or otherwise submitting content) to RoadTripJourney, you grant to RoadTripJourney a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and use for any promotional purposes through print, online, or other media. You accept that all text and photos are subject to editorial review and changes. RoadTripJourney will consider requests to remove submissions at its sole discretion.
- All information, text, photographs, videos, messages or any other materials whatsoever (collectively, "Content"), whether publicly posted on or privately transmitted via RoadTripJourney, are the sole responsibility and property of the person from which such Content originated (the "Author"). This means that the user, and not RoadTripJourney, is entirely responsible for all Content that he or she uploads, posts, emails or otherwise transmits via RoadTripJourney or any Service. Within the confines of international and local law, RoadTripJourney will generally not place a limit on the type, or appropriateness of content created by users. Those users posting material not suitable for all audiences must agree that they are fully responsible for all the content they have posted anywhere on the service. Should content be deemed illegal by such law having jurisdiction over the user, RoadTripJourney is committed to submitting all necessary information to the proper authorities.
- RoadTripJourney claims no ownership or control over any Content posted by users of RoadTripJourney. The author retains all patent, trademark, and copyright to all Content posted within available fields, and is responsible for protecting those rights, but is not entitled to the help of the RoadTripJourney staff in protecting such Content. The user posting any Content represents that the poster has all rights necessary to post such Content (and for RoadTripJourney to serve such Content) without violation of any intellectual property or other rights or any laws or regulations.
- Should any Content be reported to RoadTripJourney as being offensive or inappropriate, RoadTripJourney might call upon the poster to retract, modify, or protect the Content in question within a reasonable amount of time, as set forth by the RoadTripJourney staff. Should the poster fail to meet such a request from the RoadTripJourney staff, RoadTripJourney has the full authority to terminate any such reported and verified account and associated inappropriate content. RoadTripJourney, however, is under no obligation to restrict or monitor Content in any way.
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of RoadTripJourney, you grant RoadTripJourney the world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such Content solely for the purposes of providing and promoting RoadTripJourney and its partners.
- You acknowledge that RoadTripJourney does not pre-screen Content, but that RoadTripJourney and its designates shall have the right (but not the obligation) on their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available through the Service.
RoadTripJourney occassionally will offer contests to its users.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in these contests.
- Attempts to abuse the contest in any way, will result in immediate disqualification from the contest. Abuse is defined by the RoadTripJourney staff, but generally refers, but is not inclusive to, to spam type entries, self-promotion, etc.
- Contests are only open to U.S. legal residents with a valid email address.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant,must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person and must not violate any law.
- The winner(s) are chosen at the sole discretion of RoadTripJourney, regardless of any methodology stated for a contest.
- RoadTripJourney reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- In event of a tie, Winner will be determined based on RoadTripJourney's discretion.
- Contests can be discontinued at any time, for any reason by RoadTripJourney
Winner(s) will be determined after the Contest’s end date and will be notified by email registered with their RoadTripJourney account. Winner(s) will be required to provide a mailing address which will be used to fulfill the prize. In the event it is determined that the Winner has not complied with these Official Rules, has failed to execute and return any required documents within the specified time period, has made false statements or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the Winner will be disqualified and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entry with the next highest score may then be declared the alternate Winner.
If winner does not respond to email notification within 7 days, the contest and prizes will be considered forfeit.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the RoadTripJourney.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Pages on other websites which display data hosted on RoadTripJourney.com must provide a link back to RoadTripJourney.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.